NCRSOL envisions effective, fact-based sexual offense laws that safeguard public safety, civil liberties, and human dignity.
NCRSOL will promote laws and programs:
- limiting registry access strictly to law enforcement agencies;
- terminating registry requirements upon completion of a court-imposed sentence;
- reversing retroactively applied restrictions;
- reforming civil commitment processes;
- rehumanizing, rehabilitating, and reintegrating former offenders;
- increasing public safety by reducing sexual offenses; and
- reducing acts of discrimination, hatred, and violence directed at sexual offenders.